For the next 45 minutes, you will record an interview with a classmate.
When you find your partner and find a spot, think about how you will frame your interview. Our focus will be on life in our school community. Before you record, you will need to get comfortable...so start with a warm-up before you record.
Warm up (ask 2-3):
- Tell me about your family
- What classes are you taking? Which ones are your favorite? Which ones will be challenging?
- What did you do this summer?
- Do you have any pets?
Storytime! Make sure your questions are open-ended. Make sure to ask follow-up questions if your interviewee says something you want to know more about. However, remember that this is a conversation, and the person asking the question plays an important role in this process.
- What lead you to this school?
- What did you think high school was going to be like? Did your expectation match the reality?
- What was your freshman year like?
- Who has had the biggest influence on you?
- How have you changed since you were a freshman?
- We spent some time today talking about the idea of the comfort zone. What did you learn about yourself?
Aim to talk for at least 10 minutes. When you are finished, you will switch roles and your partner will then interview you.